Welcome to
Massucci Law Group LLC

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Child Custody
  4.  » What to do when your ex-partner files for child custody

What to do when your ex-partner files for child custody

On Behalf of | Jun 22, 2020 | Child Custody |

Divorced couples in Ohio have the right to file a case for their kids’ custody. People should know what to do when their ex-partner files for custody. Knowing what to do helps them in facing what lies ahead.

People should begin with going through and understanding the child custody laws in Ohio. They should consult with an experienced family law lawyer who may advise them according to Ohio law and norms.

Divorced couples should also consider hiring an experienced attorney who may assist them in documentation gathering and filing of the essential paperwork. The attorney may as well prepare them for some questions concerning the custody, such as child support and visitation issues. He/she may acquaint the parties with some hard terms they are likely to come across.

Lastly, people should make sure that the attorney they hire knows about tackling child custody cases. They should ask their lawyer questions to see if he/she will have enough time to handle their case. Also, ask the attorney how much they charge. This will assist them in getting ready for this case.

Some people may choose to represent themselves to handle the child custody case. Such individuals should consider contacting legal support offices or Pro Se helplines. This will ensure that they get adequate help, especially when it comes to paperwork.

LGBTQ child custody cases may be a source of stress for the child and the parent. During this time, having an experienced child custody attorney is vital. An LGBTQ family law expert may help the parents to assert their rights and make sure the child’s best interest is looked into. The attorney may also negotiate the custody plan on behalf of the parents. The good thing about the LGBTQ child custody plan is that the parents may ask for modification if necessary.


RSS Feed

FindLaw Network