For more than twelve years, Colleen Marshall has successfully combined the practice of law with her work as an Emmy Award-winning broadcast journalist. In addition to her family law practice at Massucci Law Group, Colleen is co-anchor of Columbus’ NBC4 television news and host of the weekly political program, NBC4‘s "The Spectrum.”
Drawing upon experience gained in her successful media career, Colleen focuses on each client’s needs and helps identify practical solutions that will enable families to positively move forward. Colleen’s background enables her to understand complex family law matters. She has significant experience working with opposing counsel and parties to achieve creative resolutions that meet the needs of client's family, without costly litigation. She also is an experienced litigator and, when necessary, is a powerful advocate for her clients in the courtroom. Prior to joining Massucci Law Group in 2016, Colleen was a senior attorney in a large regional law firm in which complex litigation comprised much of her practice.
Colleen is a graduate of Point Park University in Pittsburgh and is a 2004 graduate of Capital University Law School, where she was the recipient of a Trustee’s Scholarship and named to the Dean’s List. While in law school, Colleen was a member of the Law Review and National Moot Court Team.
Together with her husband Gary, Colleen has two adult children. Her son Garrett is an attorney and works with her at the Massucci Law Group. Her daughter Shannon is studying for an MBA at The Ohio State University, and is an executive recruiter for Columbus-based Red Roof Inn.
- Capital University Law School, Juris Doctor (2004)
- Point Park University, Bachelor of Arts (1978)
Admissions to Practice
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Alzheimer’s Association of Central Ohio
- Columbus AIDS Task Force
- United Way of Central Ohio Women’s Leadership Counsel (founding member)
- Columbus Metropolitan Club, Board of Trustees
- United Way Campaign for Franklin County Employees (Honorary Chair) 2016
- Art for Life (Honorary Chair) 2016, 2014
- AIDS Resource Center, Red Event (Honorary Chair) 2013
- St. Vincent DePaul, Friends of the Poor Walk (Honorary Chair) 2012
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- Women’s Economic Leadership Development
- Children’s Hunger Alliance
- Northwest Counseling Center
- National Association of Television Arts and Sciences, Ohio Valley Chapter, Silver Circle Honoree (2016)
- Academy of Television of Arts & Sciences, Midwest Region Emmy Award, “I Want to Go Home; A Journey Through Alzheimer’s” (2014 & 2015)
- Associated Press Award, “I Want to Go Home; A Journey Through Alzheimer’s” (2012)
- Associated Press Best Enterprise Reporting Award, “Ashville Drug Bust” (2010)
- Media General Reporting Award (2007, 2009) Ohio Society of Professional Journalists’ for Best Coverage of Minority Issues, “The State of Race” (2001)
- Honorary Doctorate, Point Park College, Pittsburgh, PA
- Stonewall Media Award Academy of Television of Arts & Sciences, Midwest Region Emmy Award, “Fight for Ohio” (1999)
- Academy of Television of Arts & Sciences, Midwest Region Emmy Award, special report on Ellis Island.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Commencement speaker, Point Park College, Pittsburgh, PA (2001)